Monday, September 18, 2017

I got transferred and I'm now a Sister Training Leader!

Here's my  short spiritual thought that really touched my heart from last week.  This applies to everyone, no matter where you are or what you're going through.  Somewhere in Matthew in the bible, i think it's like chapter 14 or something,
 there's the story of Jesus walking on the water,  to make things short, His disciples were on the waterr for a very long time, it says until the 4th watch, and then there's that crazy terrible storm.  you all know the story, Peter tries to walk out o
nto the water.  His goal was to reach the Lord in the midst of the storm.with his faith he COULD walk on the water! but then he remembered his trials or afflictions (or whatever we're suffering through in our lives) and he starts to sink, he gets scared
, takes his eyes of the Lord and loses faith, but did Christ just let him sink? No, it says he IMMEDIATELY reached out his hand.
"O ye of little faith."
sometimes in life we have to work and pray and labor with all dilligence through the day or night(like how enos prayed all
 day and night) or until that fourth watch.  and sometimes we do lose our faith we forget to keep our eye towards the savior always, but we have to remember th
at Jesus is still there for us to pick us up.

I've learned in my life here especially on the field that sometimes the mountainous wavees will come crashing into our lives.  Sometimes Heavenly Fathe
r will quiet the storm, and sometimes He'll let the storm rage on to bring faith, peace and understanding to our souls.  He usually ca
lms the Sailor, and that happens when we turn to our Savior and don't forget Him.  

Sweet Shrimp paste, it is Friday night and i haven't written a THING on this alphasmart about this week, lol oops, but this week has just been kinda eh
, normal UNTIL TODAY. STORY TIME.

we leave the hosue this morning at 10 am, we're already hitting the streets on our bikes, i get a call, i see it's from our mission president. i freak out.  he
 says he wants to talk to me and my comp, but we had to wait til we got to church.  i speed up to sister ratu on my bike
"SISTER! SISTER!!! PRESIDENT CALLED!!"
"WHAT?!?!" now we're both freaking out (transfers isn't until like another 2 weeks,((i've been telling myself that i might move cuz i've been in malang since April but i d
idn't want to jinx myself))) we speed to church.  Call President back.  Turns out he's on the phone with our district leader too at the church, so we're all on
 speaker phone with Presiden
"Elder there's gonna be some changes in your district...."
BUM BUM HEARTS POUNDING BREATH SHAKING FREAKING OUT YA KNOW
he tells us what new elders are coming.
so we know 2 elders are leaving then he goes.
"Sister Ratunuman.."  *dramatic pause*  *HOLDS BREATH*  

*Presidents phone rings*  AH!! WE'RE FREAKING OUT EVEN MORE CUZ IT'S EVEN MORE DRAMATIC.
"Sorry, sister ratu, you will be finishing sister so and so's training."  o.O 
"so.. where am i going President?"
"Sister Rowntree you're going to be moving to Surabaya and become the new STL (Sister Training Leader) *drops and dies*
"When am i leaving malang?" 
"Monday."  IT'S FRIDAY!! WHAT!!
"OK."
I hope this was as dramatic when  reading as it was for me.  Yup. I'm moving to Surabaya, or the city of SEVEN. SUNS.  i've literally been in the coldest cities my entire mission, say goodbye to my skin and say hello to misses Akon cuz i'm going to become african safari black. waduh.
also my first MLC (Mission Leader Conference) is on tuesday so that's going to be fun, i'm a little nervous tho, i still feel like i don't know wha
t i'm doing, but I will do the lord's will,  I dont think i'll have time to write much when it's actually monday cuz i'll be leaving that day!  so ya, there's that. interesting day.

It's monday, and i'm now in Surabaya!! IT'S BLAZING HOT I'M GONNA DIE HERE.  I'M LITERALLY GOING TO GET EVEN MORE BLACK LIKE MORE THAN AKON'S SISTER I'M GONNA BE DEE
P AFRICAN SAFARI JUNGLE BLACK UGHHHHH.
I'm so excited to be here, Sister Hyde is my new companion and she's been a Sister Training leader for like 6 and a half months and this is her last transfe
r! I'm killing her off as she dies here in Surabaya(i'm her last companion, #missionslang) i'm going to do everything that I can to learn everything that I need to from her, cuz in 7 weeks, I have to lead this area 
and train the new sister training leader. no pressure. tomorrow we go to Jakarta for MLC, it will be good to see old friends and learn even more!  Time for new adventures!

This church is true, I love being a missionary and I'm doing just fine here, I hope you all are preparing yourselves for General Conference this next mont
h!  I know God still speaks to us today through His duly appointed servants, I know it's another way that God shows us that He loves us!  Thanks for all the love and su
pport yall, have a good week!(:

-Sister Rowntree 

1) last time with the elders
2) Last time with sister Y )':
3) the girls
4) my Malang mothers
5) OUR CUTE SUMBAH/FLORES We INVESTIGATORS CAME TO CHURCH!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment