Monday, September 25, 2017

11 months down!

Woah it’s already Monday!! I havent written a thing yet!!  Waduh, this last week aka my first week in surabaya was CRAZY LIKE. CRAZY. It went by so fast, i’ll tell ya why.

Monday: got to surabaya had no time to unpack did lots of things, it was hot, packed for MLC.

Tuesday: woke up at 4 IN THE MORNING to leave for the airport to jakarta for my first MLC missionary leadership counsel.  MLC started at 12 til 9:30 AT NIGHT. Waduh.  I had anxiety like until 5 cuz in my head i was thinking (holy cow, i’m with all the leaders of the mission i’m not a perfect missionary yet, what am i doing here?!?)  but the lord has called me and i will do his will and he just wants me to do my best, I stopped getting anxious around 5 when it was mine turn to roleplay contacting in front of everyone.  (ya i thought i was gonna die being with all these way experienced missionaries) but the lord strengthened me and the spirit was really strong when i testified, it was really cool and it answered my prayers knowing that, ya no way am i a perfect missionary but as long as i have the spirit and doing my best that’s what matters.
Sister Rowley made us wayyyyyy yummy food too.

Wednesday: traveled back to surabaya from Jakarta, had BML (branch mission leader) meeting to discuss stuff, and then we went to work.

Thursday: Interviews with President Rowley and Round Robin with Sister Rowley. AND THEN WE PLAYED FUTSAL AS A ZONE!!!!!! (soccor)  IT WAS SO FUN I ACCIDENTLY KICKED THE BALL IN SOME INDO’S FACE IT WAS SO SAD BUT HE WAS FINE.  Holy cow indonesian’s are sooo good at soccor. It was so so so soooo fun. (the only reason we could play futsal is if we made our goals, every companionship in the zone had to get 2 investigators to church AND WE DID IT! (those who didn’t had to give up their pday lol but we all still got to play!)))  it was awsome!

Friday: PLD! Aka Zone Conference, as an STL we have to give the spiritual thought, and Sister Hyde and I thought talking about how to handle rejection and not letting it damper your faith was perfect because the theme for zone conference this time was “Having the FAITH to teach repentance and baptize converts”  in the indonesia jakarta mission we teach repentance and baptize converts, but first we need the faith to do so.  We read from D&C 6 where the lord tells us that if we’re rejected in his name blessed are we! 
I remember being new on the field and if i was rejected rudely by someone i’d take it so personally and it would bring me down, but we have to remember that the savior was PERFECT and even HE was rejected everyday!  I know he’s been through everything we have and that’s why we can turn to him.
We also had to role play again in front of everyone and once again the spirit was so so strong, I always like doubt myself before i have to roleplay, even in real life when we’re teaching i’m always doubting if i have the spirit, but i know that i do.  I’m really grateful for these new experiences and opportunities that i’m having, they’re really really helping me stay closer to god and the spirit and being more in tune.
Sister hyde and i are doing just fine she is the best, she’s a great singer and loves broadway too, we sing all the time together and we can harmonize!  Also i just made her her last planner for her mission and i put temples on it and a cute couple thats getting married cuz hse’s going home soon hahaha.  ALSO I HIT 11 MOTNHS TODAY WHAT.
Saturday: uhh....  THIS LAST WEEK HAS BEEN IN SANE SO WE HAD TO FIND ALLLLL DAYYYY LONGGG. We had found no investigators at all this week! So, we went out and we talked tO EVERYONE. Lieterally. I was so exhausted by the end of the day, but sister Hyde and I are SO in tune with the spirit! It’s so cool, we will both get these feelings to like stop our bikes and turn around enter into one gang or talk to some random person, she is still trianing me on how to become an stl too and she’s helping me llearn so much about beingg BOLD.  Alma tells his son to be bold but not overbearing somewere in the book of mormon and that’s what we have been doing.  Please pray for us to find god’s elect, we are working so hard, and we have made a goal of having 2 baptisms by the end of this month BC WE HAVE FAITH YALL. We are going to sprint til the end of sister hyde’s mission that’s forsure.  I know we’ll find them.

Sunday: the little teeny tiny branch i’m in is amazing. I love the members already. Also in relief society we discussed a talk from last general conference about that perfect light that grows brighter and brighter until the perfect day.

There were three things.
1.the light from church
2. the light from the gospel
3. the light of Christ
This world is getting darker and darker by the day.  I’ve heard that america is just absolute crap rn.. it’s so sad, sometimes we tend to ask ourselves, wow is god really here?  Where is the goodness in people? But i know that he is.  Because He sent his son for us.  And his light is everywhere, and through church and his gospel we can stay spotless from the world.  You followers of Christ, remember who you are, and remember the convenants you’ve made with your heavenly father, we have the priveledge and it’s our responsibility to stand out from the world, to be different, to let the light in christ in us shine forth.  Don’t be afraid to follow christ, in this terrible world, it’s the only way  to happiness, it’s not easy. But it’s worth it.  I know he loves us and all he asks us to do is follow him.
Life is good!  The mission rocks! I love my heavenly father and my savior!  Keep trying, don’t give up and turn to him!  Love Sister Rowntree


Sister Hannah Rowntree
Indonesia Jakarta Mission
Jalan Senopati 115
Kebayoran Baru
Indonesia 12190

1) MY OLD DISTRICT OF MALANG )))':  lol it's way funny cuz we were matching loool
2) got to see sister ratunuman again!!! (:
3) MY NEW AMAZING COMPANION SISTER HYDE!!
4)FUTSALLL!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment