Sunday, June 4, 2017

Open your mouth and I'm on the move again!

(Written 10 min after her 1st email!
WOAH I JUST OFUND OUT THAT I'M GOING BACK TO MALANG ON WEDNESDAY AND THE CUTEST MISSIONARY IS BECOMING MY COMPANION AND I'M WAY EXCITED HER NAME IS SISTER RATANUMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAYYYY)


HELLOOOOOOO another week down in Jakarta, and I am loving life here.
I'm like, way sad I have to leave jakarta in a few weeks, this city is amazing.

okay we had a cool miracle, the elders met this girl at the bus way, and so we got to meet with her,  here's my journal entry for June 2.

"Wow.  Tonight was so AWESOME!  I feel so GREAT!  I really felt the Lord giving me strength tonight.  I prayed before our lesson with Feby,  I asked Heavenly Father to forgive my mistakes that I made today, to give me strength to be able to teach tonight.  and He did. What a testimony builder,  even thought my heart was pounding  out of my chest during the lesson, because (hello, this is one of Heavenly Father's children who's interested in learning),  I have to be able to teach with the spirit!  But,  I remembered the points in Master Teacher and I didn't stumble with my bahasa, and the spirit brought things back to my rememberance to help me personalize our lesson to her needs!!  I know that Heavenly Father hears our prayers,  I know that He loves me and He is patient with my weaknesses, but when I need him, The Lord will give me so much strength.  I am so grateful for this gospel. I am so grateful for the knowledge about my heavenly Father.  So many Christians here literally believe Christ and God are only one person.  It's so sad, but with this restored gospel, we know that God is our Father and Christ is our Brother,  and they BOTH hear my prayers and lvoe me.  Isnt' that beautiful?"  I know ether 12:27 is so so true,  God really will strengthen us in our weaknesses!

So then Feby showed up at church and we taught her about the plan of salvation!  she's so smart and she's so interested, she's so awesome.  We're also teaching this lady naemd Anyuk.  She's budhist, and it's so hard to teach someone who has no idea who jesus is, so it's an adventure!!

also, as missionaries we always ahve to make goals this week our goal was to talk to at least 50 people AND WE MADE THAT GOAL. (Oh ya thats why i titled this email open your mouth)   (so we were counting how many times we'd open our mouths)   it was awesome, last night we're like "crap... we need to talk to 12 more people today to hit 50... and it was already way late because we were at church all day..  and when it was time to go home we needed to talk to ONE MORE PERSON,  and we did it, it was awesome... i tried to get her number... but she sadid she was busy... so i just gave her a card iwht our number, hopefully she'll call one day. it's so fun talking to people here, its so fun teaching,  i lvoe being a missionary, and i am so grateful for all the experiences i have here!

I dont have much else to say  this work is great, remember that we are all missionaries whether we havea  badge or not! so go out there and invite your friends, be an example and let people see the Light of Christ RADIATE from you!!1 love you all!

-Sister Rowntree

1) we have rice chins
2) here's a road
3)me being cute
4) me being fabulous
5) my mom likes silly pictures so here's us not being cute again
6) HOT CHOCOLATE AT MCD'S AMEN
















No comments:

Post a Comment