Sunday, June 18, 2017

So many miracles!

Mukjizat= Miracles
THIS WEEK.  WAS AMAZING.  WE HAD MIRACLES HAPPEN EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.  woah.  remember how i tolld yall i was so stressed about leading the area, and with my bahasa because i still couldnt understand the people here?  well guess what.   THE LORD HAS BLESSED ME YALL.  holy cow. holy cow.

miracle 1)   we meet this guy at a park named Mas Eko,  he's muslim, so we're like cool, no problem, maybe he will have a friend we can meet.  so we asked for a referal.  turns out, he did! her name was Embak Yandel.  He gave us her street address and told us to just go and ask ppl where it was.  (me and sister ratunuman STILL get lost everywhere)  but it's fine because we make so many friends with asking directions it's so fun.   SO.  a couple of days afterwards we try to find her.  we got lost,  this cute Bapak (older dad kinda guy) wanted to help us so he led us to that road.  we met another Bapak,  and he's  like "Here come and meet the Ibu RT" (a lady that knows where everyone lives.)  we meet her, she's like, I know all the Christians here, there is no Embak Yandel here sorry.  we were so sad, so we started eating at her resturant.   across the street we see this cute little lady,  my thought was "wow, i want to talk to her,  i think she might be from timur and hitam manis (black sweet((thats what indonesians call me everyday.  its so funny))  like me."  sister ratunuman thought "woah she looks like my sister we should talk to her"(btw sister ratunuman's parents are from indonesia she has a way cool story)   
so we're both like, okay, lets go talk to her.   and if any of you have served a mission befor eyou know how akward it is to just go up to people and say hi ya???  ugh.  i always stress about it, but we were like WHATEVER LETS JUST GO WE THINK THIS IS THE SPIRIT TELLIN US TO TALK TO HER,  turns out.  before we even crossed the street the lady started smiling and waving at us!! we're like!!  THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER NOW IT WONT BE AKWARD YAY!!!     so we start talking to her, she was so excited when we told her we were serving the lord she's like "I AM TOO!! WOW SO NICE TO MEET YOU!!"  and then we ask for her name........  "Oh I'm Miss Yandel."  !!!!!!!!!!!  Sister Ratu and I just looked at each other iwth dropped mouths.  WE  FOUND EMBAK YANDEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!  IT WAS INSANE IT WAS SO INSANE BUT IT WAS THE SPIRIT AND IT WAS SO COOL.

so now she's our new investigator, we've taught her the restoration and she's still a bit iffy about the book of mormon, christians here freak out when they hear about the book of mormon hahaha it's so funny but also sad, but i know if she just softens her heart and actually reads the book for herself!  of course heavenly father will answer her prayers and tell her it is true through the holy ghost!!

miracle 2.  this was friday i think,  the elders met this muslim woman who has lived in idaho before!!! but because she lives with her mom we had to go find her house.  SHE LIVES IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE!!!!  it took us forever to find her house and we had to climb SO MANY HILLS MY THIGHS WERE KILLING ME,  and her neighborhood is super.... not christian, so we kinda had to not tell people we were missionaries just to be safe hahah.  BUT WE FOUND HER HOUSE, AND HER STORY IS TOO LONG AND CRAZY TO WRITE DOWN, but she's our new investigator and her daughter that is still in america is a member!!!! WHAT!!! i know that when we teach her about God's plan for her and her family her heart will be touched ,  please pray for sister ratu and I we are still trying to figure out how to be better teachers!  

i'm almost out of time, but.  ya there were just tons and tons and TONS of miracles this week.  We fasted last week as a zone for our investigators.  lol.  sister ratu and i had none.  so we fasted that we'd be able to find new investigators this week. you ownt even guess how many we found.


WE FOUND 13 NEW INVESTIGATORS THIS WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  such a miracle!!!  i've never taught so many new people beofre in my life!! fasting is such a blessing it really does give us power from on high! wow!!! i know that it's all thanks to the lord, I asked President Rowley to bless me with strength to lead this new area and help my companion and to be able to understand the people here.  AND IT HAPPENED,  wow the Lord is so good to me.  I know this is His work though!  and we as missionaries are just tools in His hands.  It's crazy,  I can lead lessons now without freaking out or getting anxious, and when things dont go well (because this week we had plenty of rejections)  I dont get depressed or lose hope!   We just try again and look for someone else who is ready to here our message!  Priesthood blessings are so wonderful, I'm so grateful our church has Priesthood holders to bless the lives of god's children!

I"m just so happy now,  instead of waking up like "ugh. another day of rejection yay."  I wake up like "WOW ANOTHER DAY I CANT WAITT WOOOO!!!"  I am so so happy here in Malang, this city is beautiful, there are so many people to talk to here, we're making so many friends, the members are wonderful, Indonesia is the promise land!

 I know that the church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints is the Lord's church.  I konw he leads us through a living Prophet, and I'm so grateful for the sacrifice Joseph Smith made for us. I knw that Christ lives, I know we have a Father in Heaven who loves us more than we can even imagine,and everyday here as a missionary I learn so much more of my eternal worth.  I love the gospel of Jesus Christ, I'm so grateful for the hope I have through the atoning sacrifice of Christ's atonement.  life is so good.  have a good week and ask yourself how can you become closer to christ this week! (:

-Sister Rowntree

1) Sister Ratunuman is teaching me how to play the Uke!  Get ready for videos in a few weeks of us singing ya!
2) We made a card for an elder, I just love doodling
3) Me everyday, the cats hate me here )':
4) Sister Rowntree versus Cat
5) cute neighborhood kids







1) apparently the sisters from before used to let the kids into the house.... -___- not allowed!!!
2-4)  theyre sooo cuteeee





1) ibu margono and YANDEL!! <3
2) PAK FRANKY!!! he makes the best es puter :P
3) getting lost to Natalie's
4) CHICKEN FEET!!! I ATE IT. I HATE IT HAHAHAHA




1-2 i just love oma <3 






No comments:

Post a Comment