Monday, December 12, 2016

First week in INDONESIA!

HALO KELUARGA DAN TEMAN SAYA!!!
Okay, I only have 20 more minutes before this computer shuts off so I can't email every detail.
YES I have made it to Indonesia and I LOVE IT!!  it's amazing here and it's soooooooooo different!!  I was not expecting everything that I see and smell and hear ahaha!!  
Okay, so I'm in Bogor, which is 2 hours away from Jakarta without traffic... (there's always traffic)  OUR MISSION HOUSE IS SO NICE, we have a TOILET, but we can't flush toilet paper,  and we have a SHOWER,  try taking cold showers everyday y'all, it's fun (;
Bogor is actually one of the cooler cities here, it rains EVERYDAY and when it rains it POURS.  Hopefully I can get the pictures and videos up.......
MY COMPANION IS AMAZING. I love her so much.  Her name is Sister Jatmiko, she's from Solo Indonesia and she only has 5 more weeks here!! So I'll be getting a new trainer soon.  She's a literal angel and I hope I can learn so so much from her!!
It's hot here, I'm always sweating,  the people here are AMAZING, they're so sweet!!  I can't understand ANYTHING that ANYBODY is saying.  The struggle is real.  The members in Bogor are AMAZING.  They;'re so humble and faithful and they help us soooo much with our investigators.  I swear on my life I will never complain about going to church ever again, there's only one church here in Bogor with two wards, and some people live so far away they have to wake up at FOUR IN THE MORNING, to get to church on time at 8 or 10.  INSANE DEDICATION. but they know what this life is about.  Our every actions and thoughts should be centered on Christ.  Everything we have is because of our Loving Heavenly Father,  and all he asks us to do is to live like His Son.  I'm so grateful for my Savior,  the struggle is real here and it's been hard to adjust, but I know I can do this because I have a Savior who loves me and knows exactly what I'm feeling.  I'm just happy that I can testify about my Savior here, I may not understand a lot.... I may not be able to speak a lot of bahasa, but I can testify of Our Saviors love for us.  Which I think is awesome!
Sorry this email is short,  take care, and remember your Savior!  IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!  Serve like Him every single day of this month!  LDS.org can help you come up with ideas!  As we strive to serve others and forget ourselves we really can become more like Him! 
hati hati
-Sister Rowntree

1 comment: